I tell the Lord daily, "I expect You to encounter You in a mighty, powerful, life-giving and life-transforming way!" I read and spend time with Him in expectancy. I'm thankful I do as I'm being challenged right now and this time with Him helps.
Today I am dealing with identity theft. It has been frustrating and stressful going through the steps to handle this. I've been dealing with this since 11a.m. and am still trying to sort it out.
Let me share some things I learned today that may help you protect your identity and your credit. I wish I'd known about these options before the fact.
1. You can go to the credit bureau website, create an account.
2. While there you can freeze your credit report so all credit requests will be denied. You can turn this off and on so when you apply for credit it's on. Don't forget to turn it off when you're done.
3. You can set a fraud alert that will contact you whenever someone tries to apply for credit attached to your account.
4. Should you be a victim of identity theft, fraud, or a security breach, initiate a dispute at www.identitytheft.gov. You will need this paperwork for the credit bureau investigation.
5. If you can contact the establishment that provided the credit, do that.
To get to my credit report means they have sensitive info about me. So, I'm going to take whatever precautions I can moving forward.
I learned about the suspicious activity because I monitor my credit and there was an inquiry that I did not initiate. I've since learned the person was approved with a 14K credit line.
I hope this info helps someone.
Be Encouraged! ❤