DON'T ADOPT A GRASSHOPPER MENTALITY!
Updated: Apr 16, 2021
Treasured by God!
Joshua and Caleb urged Israel to trust God's promises. They reminded them they could take the land because God had already given it to them! Fear stopped them.
But Caleb tried to quiet the people as they stood before Moses. “Let’s go at once to take the land,” he said. “We can certainly conquer it!” But the other men who had explored the land with him disagreed. “We can’t go up against them! They are stronger than we are!” So they spread this bad report about the land among the Israelites: “The land we traveled through and explored will devour anyone who goes to live there. All the people we saw were huge. We even saw giants there, the descendants of Anak. Next to them we felt like grasshoppers, and that’s what they thought, too!” (Numbers 13:30-33 NLT)
As a result they never entered the promised land.
There's some important life-transforming lessons here:
1. Who you hangout with will impact your destiny!
2. Choosing what the crowd says over what God said will impact your destiny!
3. Align yourself with those that believe what God has promised and will encourage you to keep going even when the odds are against you will impact your destiny!
4. Listening to the bad report, the report that does not align with the promises of God will derail your destiny!
5. How you see yourself will determine your destiny!
The sad conclusion of this story is that an entire generation missed out on the promises of God because of who and what they chose to believe. Only the Joshua and Caleb walked in the promises of God because they chose to believe God, not their circumstances.
Don't adopt a grasshopper mentality labeling yourself something God never said you were! Choose to see yourself as God does, no matter what!
What promises have you not taken hold of because of fear? It's not too late to change your outcome!
Be Encouraged! ❤